Licorice Cosmetic Ingredient
Licorice extract for skin lightening whitening A
Licochalcone A is a chalconoid, a type of natural phenols. It can be isolated from root of Glycyrrhiza glabra (liquorice) or Glycyrrhiza inflata. It shows antimalarial, anticancer, antibacterial and antiviral (specifically against influenza neuraminidase) properties in vitro.
【English Name】Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone A
【Appearance】A white crystalline powder, having no odor.
【Solubility】his product is soluble in Chloroform, Dichloromethane, Ethyl Acetate, DMSO, Acetone.
Loss on drying: ≤2.0%.
Heavy metal :≤2ppm
Inhibit tyrosinase, and can restrain dopa pigment interconvert enzyme and DHICA oxidase activity of licorice flavonoids in addition to the obvious ulcer, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, fall hematic fat, as well as obvious scavenging free radicals and antioxidant effect, is a rapid and efficient spot whitening cosmetics additive.
This product is soluble in Chloroform, Dichloromethane, Ethyl Acetate, DMSO, Acetone, etc., and then added to the cosmetic formula according to the procedure.
The recommended dosage is 0.1‰-1‰, which can be added or decreased according to the requirements of the product.
1000g/ aluminum foil bag, 10kg/ pail. Keep dry and sealed.
Storage:Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 24 months(2-8C).
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20C. Generally, these will be useable for up to two weeks. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Biological Activity or Inhibitors:
1. Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone A can inhibit the in vitro growth of both chloroquine-susceptible (3D7) and chloroquine-resistant (Dd2) Plasmodium falciparum strains, it exhibits potent antimalarial activity and might be developed into a new antimalarial drug.
2. Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone Ais a novel antiparasitic agent with potent activity against human pathogenic protozoan species of Leishmania.
3. Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone Ahas positively effects on cell-aggregates ECM secretion and osteogenic differentiation during bone formation in metaphyseal defects in ovariectomized rats, it could be a promising strategy in treating osteoporotic weight-bearing bones fractures with defects.
4. Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone A possesses anti-cancer activity, it can significantly inhibit the cell migration/invasion capacities of SCC-25 cells.
5. Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone Ahas potent anti-inflammatory effect , it can significantly suppress LPS signaling pathway through the inhibition of NF-kappa B p65 phosphorylation at serine 276.
6. Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone Acan suppress poly-IC-induced thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) expression and production by inhibiting the IKK/NF-κB signaling pathway, which might be involved in the pathogenesis of virus-exacerbated asthma, further elucidation of the mechanisms underlying these observations can help develop therapeutic strategies for virally induced asthma.
7. Licorice extract for skin lightening -Licochalcone A has antibacterial activity against spore-forming bacteria, it could be a useful compound for the development of antibacterial agents for the preservation of foods containing high concentrations of salts and proteases, in which cationic peptides might be less effective.